Republic Bank recognizes the ever-increasing threat of fraud in today’s world, especially with banking done via the Internet. We would like to take this opportunity to remind you of some best practices to help keep your computer safe from harmful viruses and malware, as well as, the security features Republic Bank makes available for your protection.
Anti-virus and Malware protection best practices:
- Install anti-virus software and update it regularly due to the increased number of new viruses injected to the Internet each month.
- Use anti-virus software to scan for viruses on ALL new software prior to loading on your system.
- Do not run programs obtained from the Internet without first scanning for viruses.
- Do not use pirated, hacked, or otherwise illegal copies of programs.
- Apply security patches regularly.
- Download computer updates regularly. Older operating systems should be discarded in favor of current versions with security patches that are more robust and secure.
- Ensure your data is backed up on a regular basis. Critical data should be backed up at least daily.
- Shut down your computer when not in use. Computers connected to the Internet are constant targets for unauthorized access attempts. This risk is increased with permanent connections such as ADSL, cable modems, and Ethernet.
- When possible, use a dedicated computer to perform Cash Management activities. Ensure that the computer is not used for web-surfing or email.
Republic Bank Online Banking Security Features:
- Secure Tokens - Mandatory for Wire Transfer and ACH origination capabilities
- Dual Control - Highly encouraged business practice where more than one person is needed to conduct a monetary transaction.
- IP Restrict - Optional feature where System Administrators can establish a series of valid IP addresses for each Online Banking user.
- Time Restrict - Optional feature where System Administrators can establish a series of valid days of the week and/or time limitations for each Online Banking user.
- New User Held - Optional feature that prevents new and modified users from logging in until the Bank can approve the modification.
- System Email Alerts - Optional feature that allows users the ability to monitor critical account activity.
At Republic Bank, your financial safety is our priority. Please contact a representative at 1.888.875.2265 with any follow-up questions. Thank you for banking with us.