Reporting Fraud

The sooner fraud or identity theft is reported, the faster Republic Bank and authorities can take steps to better assist you. If you think you're a victim of identity theft or fraud, please contact/do the following:

  • Contact Republic Bank at 888.875.2265 and report that your identity has been compromised and/or stolen. Ask to speak with someone in the Security or Fraud department, and follow up with a letter. If necessary, close old accounts and open new ones, and select new passwords and "PINs" (Personal Identification Numbers). Your call also alerts us to a possible scam that may be targeting other Customers.
  • Call any other financial institution with which you may have a relationship and make them aware of the situation. If checks or your debit card were stolen, close the compromised accounts and open new ones.
  • Closely examine all bank account statements to review and verify all transactions on all of your accounts.
  • Call your credit card companies and request that access to your accounts be restricted. Open new accounts whenever possible/necessary.
  • Examine your personal documents to determine if any items are missing.
  • If your driver's license was stolen, call the Department of Motor Vehicles.
  • If your Social Security Card was stolen, call the Social Security Administration at 1.800.269.0271.
  • Call the three major credit bureau agencies and place a "fraud alert" with each of them. This will let any company that checks your credit know your information was stolen; they should contact you by phone before authorizing new credit. The toll-free numbers for the credit bureaus are:
  • Equifax:  1.800.525.6285
  • Experian:  1.888.397.3742
  • TransUnion: 1.800.680.7289
  • Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC is the federal agency responsible for receiving and processing complaints by people who believe they may be victims of identity theft. Trained counselors will provide information on the steps you should take to resolve problems and repair damage to your credit record. Certain cases may be referred to law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or private entities that can help. Call toll-free 1.877.IDTHEFT(438.4338). The FTC also maintains the U.S. Government's central website for information about identity theft at Go there to fill out an online consumer complaint form or link to educational materials.
  • Fill out a police report in the jurisdiction in which your identification was stolen. Get a copy of the completed report because that can help you clear up questions and problems when dealing with your creditors and other financial institutions.
  • If you have Identity Theft Protection Service, contact your service provider to report the incident and for further assistance.